Good Karma Pet Rescue ~ Adoption Contract
Congratulations! You have been approved to adopt one of our awesome animals. Please fill out this contract in its entirety to complete your adoption of your new pet.
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Republic of the Congo
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Email address ~ Please enter this CAREFULLY; this is email address where we will send you a copy of this Adoption Agreement.
Driver's License Number
Name of the pet you are adopting
Which type of pet is this?
Date and location of spay/neuter surgery
Good Karma Pet Rescue is an all-breeds pet rescue and is a Florida nonprofit corporation. In this agreement, Good Karma Pet Rescue, Inc. will be called “Good Karma.”
The Adopter represents that the information provided in the application process is true and correct to the best of the Adopter’s information and belief.
Good Karma and the Adopter wish to enter into this agreement to provide the adopted dog with a suitable forever home.
1. Return Policy. Good Karma asks that each adopter makes a commitment to all its
animals: to care for them for the lifetime of each animal. The Adopter agrees that if he or she is unwilling or unable to care for the dog for its entire lifetime, he or she will contact Good Karma and return the dog to a location specified by Good Karma unless released from this provision. The Adopter understands that he or she is responsible for the care of the animal until he or she has delivered it into the proper Good Karma hands, and will do everything within his or her power to safely return the animal.
The Adopter agrees that in the event that he or she finds a suitable alternative home for the animal, he or she will contact Good Karma with the name, address and phone number of the proposed new adopter. Any proposed new adopter will be required to complete a Good Karma adoption application and other requirements for adoption and obtain approval from Good Karma in writing before adopting the dog. Under no circumstances shall the adopter transfer permanent custody, ownership or possession of the dog to any one entity, including family or friends or any entity or agency, without the approval and written consent of Good Karma.
2. Adoption Donation. The Adopter agrees to give an adoption donation as specified by the rescue to help defray Good Karma’ expenses for food, sheltering, spaying or neutering, vaccinations and veterinary care. Additional donations are welcome.
3. Identification, Licenses. The Adopter agrees to register the dog with a microchip company within 48 hours of the date of the adoption or within the time that Good Karma provides the registration information. The Adopter agrees to keep an identification tag attached to a properly fitted collar on the dog at all times. The Adopter agrees to obtain the proper municipal license if required under local law. The Adopter also agrees to comply with local and state statutes and ordinances.
4. Veterinary Care. The Adopter agrees to provide the dog with the necessary vaccinations as advised by his or her veterinarian. The Adopter agrees to obtain immediate veterinary care should the dog become sick or injured, and to take full financial responsibility for any veterinary expenses.
5. Care of the Dog. The Adopter understands that the adopted dog is an indoor pet, and agrees to allow it full access to the home. The Adopter agrees to provide the dog with fresh water, wholesome food, adequate exercise and loving attention.
Yes, I agree.
No, I do not agree.
6. No Representations. The Adopter understands that Good Karma does not guarantee the health, temperament, or training of the above described dog.
7. Release. The Adopter, and for his/her spouse, heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns, agrees never to bring a claim or suit against Good Karma Pet Rescue. The Adopter releases Good Karma and its directors, founders, employees, officers, agents, representatives, contractors, volunteers, successors and assigns from all liability arising from the adoption or behavior or actions of the dog.
The Adopter understands that this agreement discharges Good Karma and its directors, founders, employees, officers, agents, representatives, contractors, volunteers, successors and assigns from any liability to the Adopter and his/her spouse, heirs, executors, and assigns, with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, amputation, scarring, death, property damage or other loss that may result from the adoption or behavior or activities of the dog. The Adopter releases Good Karma and discharges Good Karma and its directors, founders, employees, officers, agents, representatives, contractors, volunteers, successors and assigns from any liability for Good Karma’ own negligence or liability that may result in bodily injury, personal injury, illness, amputation, scarring, death, property damage or other loss to the Adopter.
Yes, I agree.
No, I do not agree.
8. Indemnity Agreement. The Adopter, and for his/her spouse, heirs, executors, personal representatives, and assigns, agrees to indemnify and hold Good Karma harmless for all bodily injury, personal injury, illness, amputation, scarring, death, property damage or other losses, including attorney’s fees and costs of litigation, that result to anyone else or any other entity because of the Adopter’s negligence or liability. This includes lone acts or omissions by the Adopter as well as the combined acts of the Adopter with others.
Yes, I agree
No, I do not agree
9. Procedure to Reclaim. On rare occasion, Good Karma may have to reclaim the adopted dog. Here is the procedure that will be followed:
a. Good Karma will notify the Adopter by certified mail, return receipt requested, of the reclamation and ask that the dog be returned. The notice shall state clearly the circumstances under which Good Karma is acting and state a date when the Adopter may meet with agents of Good Karma to discuss the situation.
b. After seven days from the posting of this notice, if the Adopter has not notified Good Karma, or has not accepted the notice, legal action will be taken by Good Karma to retrieve the dog.
c. If the dog is in a situation that may endanger its life, Good Karma may call animal control in the Adopter’s locality to recover the dog on behalf of Good Karma.
d. In the event that either of these situations occurs, or if for any reason the dog is returned to Good Karma, the Adopter may request a meeting to discuss the matter within 10 days after the dog is reclaimed.
e. Any decision of Good Karma is final as to whether the dog shall be returned to the Adopter.
Please initial to indicate you understand.
10. Other. The Adopter expressly agrees that the releases and indemnity agreement are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law. The Adopter agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this agreement shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this agreement. This is the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any other verbal or written statements, representations, or promises.
Yes, I agree
No, I do not agree
This agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida.
Any disputes under this agreement will be resolved in Broward County, Florida. All disputes under this agreement will be settled by binding arbitration.
The Adopter agrees that he/she is legally competent to enter into this agreement, and this Agreement is binding upon the heirs, assigns, successors, personal representatives and executors of the Adopter.
[ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE OF THE ADOPTER] Please type your name here to certify that all of the information contained within this application is true to the best of your knowledge.
I understand by checking this box, I acknowledge the above signature constitutes a legal signature, confirming that I acknowledge and agree to the above Contract Terms.
Do Not Fill This Out